Ambien sleep aid is a highly potent drug that is very effective in treating patients with sleep disorders like insomnia and related conditions. While Ambien’s effects are mostly positive, there is another side to the drug where it is considered as having a potential for abuse due to the nature of its effects. If either you or someone you know is abusing Ambien then it is time to seek medical help to overcome this problem. The problem with abusing any kind of mind-altering drugs is that it can lead to addiction, a more dangerous place to be in. Avoid the problem of Ambien addiction by managing to stop the Ambien abuse right in the early stages. Signs that a person is abusing Ambien are:
- Avoiding regular duties and commitments at the workplace or at home
- Using Ambien without any care as to how much or when, even though the drug is meant to be taken only as a single dose before bedtime
- Trying to access the Ambien prescription through any means possible, even if it is not financially viable
- Combining Ambien with other drugs to get more ‘high’
Effects of Ambien abuse
- Behaving euphoric
- Severe withdrawal symptoms occur when the drug is stopped
- Trouble with memory
- Experiencing hallucinations and delusions
- Finding it difficult to perform regular activities with ease
- Not able to wake up easily in the morning
- Experiencing Ambien side effects like nausea and vomiting on a regular basis
Why has Ambien abuse potential?
There are many reasons why Ambien can cause someone to abuse it. The drug Zolpidem as such is fast acting and its effects are usually felt within fifteen minutes of taking it. It should also be taken only for a short term to help with insomnia and to overcome it. Prolonged Ambien user can develop tolerance, raising the need for higher doses to feel its effects. Since the body has now become used to Ambien, withdrawal symptoms occur if the person tries to stop taking the drug. This is why the person will continue to take the drug and begin abusing Ambien by taking multiple doses than actually required. Ambien can also produce a euphoric feeling if the individual stops himself or herself from going to sleep when the drug’s effects start. Many people who have a history of drug abuse tend to do this or combine Ambien with other substances to get ‘high’.
How to avoid Ambien abuse and its effects?
The best way to avoid Ambien abuse is to not take the drug if not prescribed to do so. It is not advised to share Ambien with any person who doesn’t have a valid prescription, even if the person has similar symptoms. Learn about the drug completely before buying it from online pharmacies or from any other source. It is always very important to place an order in only genuine online sites to get authentic drugs rather than fake ones. Select a site which has gained trust from users in providing genuine drugs with the great discount price to its customers. It is better to avoid the harmful effects of Ambien abuse rather than face the consequences that come with abuse and addiction. This is important for every individual who is prescribed to take Ambien for its therapeutic effects.